TOTTENHAM COURT NOW HAS TWO WAY TRAFFIC
LOOK BOTH WAYS WHEN CROSSING THE ROAD
GOWER STREET RESURFACING WORKS from the 25th November for more information click here.
Check the new bus routes and journey information via the Transport for London website.
Next UCL based information sessions in the Student Centre enter from Gordon Street – date TBC
Road closures – diversion routes will be in place:
- Gower Place (no diversion route possible) no vehicle access between 8am on the 11th November till 5pm on the 23rd November for the laying of paving sets in the road.
- Great Russell Street junction with Bloomsbury Street: This closure has been extended after we found an abandoned basement. The junction is expected to be reopened on Saturday 23rd November.
- Capper Street junction with Tottenham Court Road closed permanently from the 18th November
- Shaftesbury Avenue northbound between High Holborn and Bloomsbury Street/New Oxford Street from the 7th November till February 2020
- Endell Street junction with High Holborn: 11th November – 16th November
- The area of Shaftesbury Avenue between Sovereign House to Grape Street cannot be accessed currently. Please make deliveries on West Central Street – businesses will be notified when access can be reinstated.
We will stop working for Christmas from the 20th December 2019 and restart again on the 6th January 2020.
- We are starting work to lay new York stone paving to the area around Monmouth Street. Work will begin on the 15th November around the junction of Monmouth Street and Shaftesbury Avenue. The next section will be around the junction of Monmouth Street and Neal Street and then we will pave from Neal Street north along Shaftesbury Avenue working from south to north.
- Work laying new kerbs on High Holborn outside of the theatre has been completed but due to future planned developments we have only added temporary tarmac rather than the finished paving material.
- A lane closure is in place on High Holborn into Shaftesbury Avenue in addition to Bloomsbury Street and outside the Church to work on the next stage of drainage
- The loading bay on the southern area of Shaftesbury Avenue near to Monmouth Street is closed for 4 weeks for deep drainage works
- We have a working compound on Shaftesbury Avenue to support the works in the area
- Trial holes across the area with short pedestrian diversions in place.
- Gas works on going unrelated to West End Project
- Road closures and diversions in place to support the Shaftesbury Theatre development:
- Closing Shaftesbury Avenue northbound between High Holborn and Bloomsbury Street/New Oxford Street from the 7th November until February 2020
- Closing the junction of Dyott Street and Shaftesbury Avenue from the 7th November until February 2020
- Reducing the number of southbound lanes on Shaftesbury Avenue between Bloomsbury Street/New Oxford Street and High Holborn.
- The area of Shaftesbury Avenue between Sovereign House to Grape Street cannot be accessed currently. Please make deliveries on West Central Street – access will be reinstated shortly.
Tottenham Court Road
Work to build the first of the pocket parks on Tottenham Court Road will begin at Capper Street on the 18th November. From this point the junction of Capper Street and Tottenham Court Road will be permanently closed.
Tottenham Court Road junction with Howland Street. The lane is currently closed while the results of the trial are analysed.
New and amended parking spaces are being added to the side streets all this week – for more information on the parking changes see our parking maps. The following parking bays remain suspended for the Gower Street resurfacing:
- University Street between Huntley Street and Gower Street
- Store Street between Ridgmount Street and Gower Street
- Keppel Street between Malet Street and Gower Street
- Bedford Avenue outside no. 17 – 13
- Cycle Lane construction: Western side: 13th – 23rd November between University Street and Torrington Place and Chenies Street to Store Street. Two lanes will be closed during these works. Please leave rubbish on University Street, Torrington Place, Chenies Street and Store Street.
- Resurfacing works: 25th November – see more
- Gower Place closed to vehicles between the 11th – 23rd November all households have been notified
- Paving works between Gower Place and UCL in progress
- Paving works on the eastern side at the junction with Torrington Place
- Pedestrian diversions in place with lane closures
- Work on the Gower Street near Montague place and on Store Street is not related to our project.
- Work to the westerns side of Gower Street near Torrington Place is awaiting BT – we expect them to start their work in January.
- Road closures: Great Russell Street (west) junction with Bloomsbury Street closure extended to the 23rd November
- Drainage works ongoing near Great Russell Street this will involve the closure of one lane of traffic.
- Paving works south of Bedford Avenue and Great Russell Street now started on the eastern side
- Trial holes in various locations with short pedestrian diversions
- Note the Eurovia compound is based on Bedford Square. Works occurring on the western side of Bedford Square and Bayley Street are unrelated to our project
St Giles Circus (Centre Point)
- The paving to the main square is now completed, we now working at the following location completing new paving: Earnshaw Street junction with Denmark Street.