- 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday (18:00 on New Oxford Street)
- 09:00 to 17:00 on Saturdays (08:00 to 13:00 on New Oxford Street)
During the project some work may take place outside of these core hours or on Sundays, but this will be kept to a minimum and notified via our weekly look ahead pages.
The project programme for Gower Street/Bloomsbury Street is available to download and has been updated on the 10th May 2019
The project programme for Princes Circus is available to download and has been updated on the 23rd August 2019
We are working in stages across these areas keep disruption to a minimum. Specific dates and more detail can be found in the up coming works section .
Working at New Oxford Street and Centre Point
Our contractor VolkerHighways will be working to transform the area around Centre Point. This includes:
- Replacing the paving on New Oxford Street between Tottenham Court Road and Dyott Street with new granite slabs
- Upgrading the Earnshaw Street junction traffic signals
- Installing a brand new pedestrian crossing across New Oxford Street near to the junction with Earnshaw Street
- Repaving the footway in front of Castlewood House
- Repaving the northern side between Tottenham Court Road and Bainbridge Street, including works to the Bainbridge Street junction.
- Repaving the northern side between Bainbridge Street and Dyott Street, working from west to east
- Repaving around Centre Point and Tottenham Court Station entrances
For the latest on this programme explore the upcoming works section.
Works are being delivered in a number of phases to minimise the impact of the construction activity on residents, businesses and local traffic. We are working closely with Transport for London to ensure that disruption to travel is kept to a minimum. For information on how London roads are operating, check before you travel at www.tfl.gov.uk /trafficnews
We are currently working on Gower Street, Bloomsbury Street and in and around Princes Cirus which includes the work to lay new paving and change the kerb lines. There will be some disruption in the area including pedestrian diversions, lane closures and noise but we are working closely with our contractors to keep this to a minimum.
We will be working both in the road and on the pavement. Access to businesses and residential areas will be maintained. There will be barriers around all our working sites and pedestrian diversions will be clearly marked.
If you are driving through the area please do take extra care through the road works.
On Tottenham Court Road there is increase congestion northbound until we complete the project in spring 2020. Once Gower Street / Bloomsbury Street is also two way this congestion will dissipate. Thank you for your patience as we complete the project.