- 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday (18:00 on New Oxford Street)
- From 26th January 09:00 to 17:00 on Saturdays (08:00 to 13:00 on New Oxford Street)
During the project some work may take place outside of these core hours or on Sundays, but this will be kept to a minimum and notified via our weekly look ahead pages.
The next two years
We are working in stages across these areas keep disruption to a minimum. Specific dates and more detail can be found in the weekly look ahead.
Working at New Oxford Street and Centre Point
Our contractor VolkerHighways will be working to transform the area around Centre Point. Until Spring 2019 this will include:
- Replacing the paving on New Oxford Street between Tottenham Court Road and Dyott Street with new granite slabs
- Upgrading the Earnshaw Street junction traffic signals
- Installing a brand new pedestrian crossing across New Oxford Street near to the junction with Earnshaw Street
- Repaving the footway in front of Castlewood House
- Repaving the northern side between Tottenham Court Road and Bainbridge Street, including works to the Bainbridge Street junction.
- Repaving the northern side between Bainbridge Street and Dyott Street, working from west to east
- Repaving around Centre Point and Tottenham Court Station entrances
For the latest on this programme explore next week’s works.
Works are being delivered in a number of phases to minimise the impact of the construction activity on residents, businesses and local traffic. We are working closely with Transport for London to ensure that disruption to travel is kept to a minimum. For information on how London roads are operating, check before you travel at www.tfl.gov.uk /trafficnews
We are currently working on Tottenham Court Road which includes the work to lay new paving and change the kerb lines. There will be some disruption in the area including pedestrian diversions, lane closures and noise but we are working closely with our contractors to keep this to a minimum.
We will be working both in the road and on the pavement. Access to businesses and residential areas will be maintained. There will be barriers around all our working sites and pedestrian diversions will be clearly marked.
If you are driving through the area please do take extra care through the road works.