Make an offer
Offers are invited on a without prejudice and subject to contract basis. We ask that you submit only one offer that represents your best offer, without reference to other bids. Offers Must Be Received No Later Than the Closing Date.
- apply online: prospective tenant's application form, or
- download and email to email@example.com: application form to lease commercial property (DOCX)
The asking rents quoted are guide rents based on the open market rental value and you should make whatever offer that you feel your business can support at this location.
We will consider a number of factors in the decision making process to include the analysis of rents offered, any rent free period requested, length of lease, other lease terms proposed and strengths and weaknesses of the business and type of trade.
The Council is under no obligation to accept the highest or any offer. If an offer is accepted, the premises will only be taken off the market on payment of a non-returnable deposit towards our costs of £750, of which £350 is for our administration fee, and £400 paid towards our legal costs. There will then be a period thereafter (normally 28 days) within which the parties will seek to agree and complete the lease. The remainder of costs and sums owed to complete the lease will be collected on completion, together with a six month rent deposit. The total legal costs are likely to be in the region of £2,200 (not including the upfront administration fee).
In order for us to consider any offer made, you will need to complete the offer form and ensure you have the supporting documents for yourself and any other joint applicant attached. They include:
- two recent letters showing proof of address for any nominated person proposed as tenant of the lease, e.g. a bank/credit card statement, utilities or council tax bill
- photograph of individual(s)' passport (certified copy may be required on request)
- a current credit report giving full information about your financial commitments and score rating. These are available through organisations such as:
- any business plan you have produced (optional) and
- any other supporting statements (optional)
If you are considering taking a lease in the name of a limited company, we will require to see all of the above for the director(s) who will stand as a guarantor in addition to:
- the company's last three years audited accounts (if applicable); and
- credit report score rating for the company
Please provide as much of the supporting information requested with the application, to enable us to make an informed decision quickly. We ask that all information is gathered and sent in one pack and not individually in separate pieces of correspondence.
We hope to consider all application offers received and get back to applicants two weeks after the closing date. You will be notified accordingly if your offer is accepted.