Strong growth and access to jobs
- We will help to make Camden the best place in London to do business and to work, working with the business community to deliver genuinely inclusive growth that benefits everyone.
- We will help to prepare young people to be successful in their working lives. Every child should be able to access the pathway that is right for them.
- We will drive forward the recommendations of the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) Commission, and support young people to gain the skills they need to access 21st century jobs.
- We will focus our efforts on helping those furthest from the labour market into rewarding work.
- We will develop ambitious and critically important plans for the Euston area, maximising the potential to develop new housing and jobs. We will ensure local people reap the full benefits of redevelopment and that the government’s commitments on HS2 are kept too.
- We will help to deliver projects that will transform the borough’s transport infrastructure, from Crossrail 2 to the West End Project, and the development of a network of high-quality cycle routes.
- We will work to preserve a dynamic evening and night-time economy, balancing the needs of visitors and businesses with those of local people.